Why do I need an MOT?

All motor vehicles used on the road are required to be kept in a roadworthy condition, and the MOT test ensures your vehicle meets the legal minimum requirements for safety and emissions.

When do I need an MOT?

You will need an MOT test for your car if either of the following is true:

  • Your car is three years old.
  • Your current MOT certificate is over a year old.

The rules for other classes of vehicles vary so please contact us for more information.

What if my MOT test has expired?

If your MOT test has expired or is no longer valid you cannot drive your vehicle on the road.

The exception to this rule is that you can drive your vehicle to an MOT station, provided the MOT test is already booked or pre-arranged.

Which vehicle classes can Balsdons Vehicle Services Ltd test?

At Balsdons Vehicle Services Ltd our qualified MOT testers can carry out MOT testing on vehicle classes 1,2,3,4,5 and 7. Along with our VOSA/DVSA approved AFT we can also cater for all your truck, lorry, HGV, bus, coach and PSV MOT testing requirements.

To find out more about MOT in Okehampton, get in touch online or call Balsdons Vehicle Services Ltd on 01837 55911

Our Location

Find Us

Galbraith Road
Hameldown Business Park
EX20 1UF
01837 55911

Get Directions »

Opening Times

Monday 08:00 - 17:00
Tuesday 08:00 - 17:00
Wednesday 08:00 - 17:00
Thursday 08:00 - 17:00
Friday 08:00 - 17:00
Saturday 08:00 - 17:00
Sunday Closed

© Balsdons Vehicle Services Ltd - 2024